Japanese gluten free fluffy pancakes
Soft as some kind of clouds … Japanese pancakes are definitly much more fluffy and soft than other types of pancakes. I have never tried them in some cafe in Tokyo but I made them few times at home for breakfast during winter school break.
30 g of rice flour
1/4 cup of buttermilk
1/2 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
1-2 tsp of coconut sugar
- Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks from egg white into two different bowls.
- Beat the egg yolks and then add buttermilk, baking powder, flour and pinch of salt. Mix all ingredients very well until you get perfectly clear and smoothie texture.
- Then beat with the hand mixer white eggs adding all the time small quantities of sugar. Beat them at least for 5 minutes.
- Mix white eggs and egg yolks mixture and preheat the cooker.
- Spread the ghee or coconut oil over the pancake pan and then or use small pancake mold make rounded pancakes or use table spoon to pour the mixture into the pan. You should bake every side of pancake around 3 minutes.