Kale and carrot soup
3 big carrots
1/2 of one big onion
2 – 3 spoons of olive oil
200 g of boiled chickpeas
2 cups of curly kale
850 ml of water
salt and pepper
- Drain the chickpeas, brush with olive oil, put little bit of salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet paper and then put in oven at 180 and roast for 15 minutes.
- Dice the carrots and onion and put them in the pot with little bit of olive oil. Add little bit of salt and pepper and around 100 ml of water.Cook stirring often around 10 minutes.
- When the onion becomes gold, add rest of the water and boil for 10 minutes more.
- When the carrot soup is cool, put in a food processor and add 1/2 of roasted chickpeas and blend until smooth.
- Slice kale into strips and steam kale on another pot around 5 minutes and when you feel that kale started to be soft, remove from the heat. Just don’t wait that start to loose that nice green color.
- Add the kale in the food processor and blend it shortly.
- Pour into the bowls and enjoy this warm soup as appetiser or light dinner.